[Gpdd] MISC Catching Up and new arrival.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri May 28 12:10:57 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I finally have my new computer in working order and am trying to catch up on all the missed news from the last few weeks. I have been able to read some GPDDs when I have been able to borrow a laptop here and there.

I lost some recent messages when trying to transfer everything from my old hard drive to this new one so I will have to wait until they are in the archives to catch up.

I did get to see the pigture of Colby before it was removed from the website. What a handsome boy! Welcome to your new loving home.

To Jaime, who asked about the bread and milk. The purpose of this is to give extra calcium to the mum to be. It is easier to give it this way and avoid having to handle a very pregnant piggy to give calcium supplements. A healthy piggy like Mimi probably didn't need it but when I have had pregnant piggies here, they have usually come from a rotten home with poor nutrition just when they needed good food the most so I have followed Peter's advice.

I hope that you were successful in removing the callouses from Mimi's feet. I will probably find out when I read the archives.

A new little girl has just arrived at Piggyfriends. I said that I would only take in more piggies if they were left on the doorstep but I had a call from a lady who needed a piggy rehoming. I thought that I was saying that I would collect her and take her to the local rescue but what came out was " of course I have room for another ".

This little sow was fighting with the lady's other piggies and she felt that she could not cope with another cage and asked if I could help. Blood was drawn on more than one occasion, which is unfair to the other girls.

She already has a name, Dandelion, and looks around 4 months old. She is completely wild and is currently in my quarantine pen. She hid in the hay but doesn't know that I can see her through the glass door and she sneaked out to inspect the pile of grass that I left with her. She came from a breeder of red and white Dutches and I am guessing that she did not have much, if any, handling when younger.

If she remains a fighter, she can have her own pen next to some other piggies but I hope that I will eventually be able to introduce her to one of my groups. Time will tell.

It may be a while before her pigture is on Photobucket.

I have caught up on Algernon Rat's adventures in the Netherlands and was pleased to see that my seashell from Pevensey Bay beach has travelled with him!

Hoping that all piggies and slaves are well.

Regards to all.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.