[Gpdd] Health: Impaction

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 24 13:52:17 EST 2010

Hi,

This is normal for older boars.  You can clean him out yourself and avoid the
vet bills.

Try this web page http://www.guinealynx.info/impaction.html.

I have had boars I have cleaned out about once a wheek.  I usually hold them
over the toilet and squeeze it out.  Be careful not to hurt him.  If that
doesn't work use a cotton swab dipped in baby oil.  Beware!  It smells very
bad!

I am surprised the vet didn't show you how to take care of it.  Sounds like his
diet is fine.  I have always fed mine the proper diet and they still got
impacted when they go older, usually around 4-5 years old.

Dee, slave to all girls now.