[Gpdd] (Care) (so many piggies)

ME me at buddies.org
Sat Oct 30 23:13:54 EDT 2010

Ellen, I know how you feel ... since just a few weeks ago I was going around to different stores looking at little critters.  One thing, though, is I'm glad I saw mostly boys (really cute ones), since I can't have boys ... because I have only one enclosure that had two girls (well, it all started with one girl in 1995 and continued from there ... I suppose if I had a boy back then, I'd be looking for boys).  So I didn't have as many choices ... or I may have ended up with way too many.  I already had enough trouble just choosing three this month.

I suppose it was meant to be that I lost so many this year.  I'd still rather have them ... they were wonderful souls ... but then I wouldn't have met Destiny, Joy, Ebony, Sequoia, and Acacia ... since I was at my limit.  So it's been a bit of a conundrum.  I love getting to know my new herd ... since Destiny and Joy are also so young, though close to full grown now ... but I really miss Grace, Hope, Liberty, Providence, Harmony, and Melody (as well as the 20+ others I've had since the early 70s, maybe it's in the 30s now, last time I counted it was in the 20s, but that was awhile ago).

But now I'm close to my limit ... maybe another two in a year or so ... but I think my herd is perfect right now ... especially since all five are so close in age ... I usually like to space them out, getting two every 1-2 years.  So, at least for now, I can't bring any new ones home ... and it's sad when I can bring new ones home.