[Gpdd] MISC: RIP my beloved pig Biscuit

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Apr 14 09:42:25 EDT 2011

Anneli,

I am so very sorry to read about poor Biscuit and want to send you my
sincere condolences and virtual hugs. You have had to make a very hard
decision but you know that your actions were right to prevent further
suffering.

R.I.P. sweet Biscuit.

I do not know sufficient details about her condition but was she, by any
chance, a Satin piggy? Satins frequently develop a condition called OD -
Osteodystrophy, which causes abnormal bone growth with subsequent trouble
eating. Both Janneke ( another GPDD member ) and I have had Satin piggies
who suffered from this all too common disease and we have read extensively
about the problem.

This may not be relevant to Biscuit but, if she was a Satin, you might like
to read the following...........

http://www.guineapigwelfare.org.uk/satin-guinea-pigs/symtoms-diagnosis-and-prognosis/

With our utmost sympathy on your loss.

Take care.