[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: condolences, Pixie Sue

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 2 21:43:57 EDT 2011

Pat, we were really hoping that there would be good news about Pixie Sue, and it was with much sadness that we read of her passing.  We are so sorry that she seemed to be rallying but then went downhill, and also that your regular vet wasn't available.  Sometimes difficulties happen at the worst times.  Please know that she knew you were doing all your best for her as you syringed her the pellets and sweet potato slurry and also the Sulfatrim.  Please also don't blame yourself; you did everything you could, including finding her some Lasix, although sadly it was too late.  You also couldn't have had any idea that her illness would progress so quickly.  It sounds like her passing was peaceful, and it is so touching that she was lying near Virgil's pen as she made her final journey.  We are sure she was comforted by his presence.  She was a very lucky girl to be a beloved member of your family, and we send our condolences on her passing.  We hope Virgil will be OK as he mourns his Pixie Sue, and we send best wishes to Floyd and Horatio, too.

Sadly,
Cindy, Friday, and Ethan