[Gpdd] MISC Condolences for Honey.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Aug 6 08:45:55 EDT 2011

Welcome back to the Digest, Julie. I am so sorry that it has to be in such sad circumstances and I am sending my condolences on the loss of your dear Honey.

Your efforts at keeping him going are nothing short of heroic. I know first hand how much work goes into syringe feeding day after day, with no end result. I hand fed my dear Gulliver for six months when his jaw problem resurfaced but he was always eager to feed and even lapped up Readybrek and mashed banana from a saucer to help me out when I was attending to the rest of the herd.

You know you did the right thing in letting Honey go even though your feelings at the time must have been horrible.

Losing a piggy is never a "common event" no matter how many we have and everyone here will sympathise with your loss. Condolences too on the departure to the Rainbow Bridge of your dog. Fancy her being called Penny.

I am sorry to be a little late in sending this message. I have had trouble with my mail provider yet again and wondered why there were no GPDD posts until I checked in the Archives and saw your sad message there. I have lost two days emails somewhere in the ether. I don't mind losing the spam and I have read all the missing piggy posts but I hope that there was nothing important there as I have no way of retrieving it.

Lots of love and hugs to your remaining six lovely boars.

Take care.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.