[Gpdd] HEALTH- Otto

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 22 19:53:47 EDT 2011

Sorry this is delayed. I have stuff going on. Your vet is not doing well by Otto, IMO. He sounds dehydrated. When Molly was dehydrated her eyes looked sunken in like that. She should have gave Otto sub-q fluids. It also sounds like, from his breathing, that he could have congestive heart failure. He should have been given Lasix (Furosemide). She should not deny a piggie pain meds. He may be having pain which is causing him to have trouble swallowing. Even if that is not the case he still shouldn't be denied possible relief. It may cause liver damage, but quite frankly, at his age, does that really matter? I would give him Ibuprofen at home to be sure he isn't suffering. Sorry to say but it sounds like poor Otto's body is just wearing out on him. That's amazing that he may be around 10. What a miracle. But it sounds like he may be ready to go to the Bridge. I'm not implying just giving up on him, but I'd hate to think he is suffering at all. I don't know
 about home euthanasia. I'd be afraid something could go wrong & he'd end up suffering. Maybe there's an emergency vet near you that could help if it comes to that. I'm sorry you're going thru this & also very sorry about your Mom. Please keep us updated about Otto & give him a hug from me.

~Jaime, Mimi & Captain Phil the betta fish~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty