[Gpdd] Announcement: Ava (misfits)

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 1 08:48:06 EST 2011

Hello everyone,
I would like to introduce you to the newest misfit. Her name is Ava(we are still
sticking with all A names for our girls.

She came to live with us on November 19. She was dropped at the IA humane
society as her family told them they were moving and they couldnt keep her.  We
are pretty sure she is pg.  That is what we thought right away and Andy was
holding her saying we cant leave her here to have her babies. So yes I caved and
we brought her home.We were told that she is 4 years old. We know nothing else
about her. She wasnt eating or drinking hardly at all at the humane society. I
really thought do we have another Benny here?  She wouldnt eat a thing the first
night here and she didnt start drinking till the 2 day. She is a big mystery to
us.

She is getting larger around the mid section but we really dont feel any
movement... I still say she has the pg look.  but time will tell.  It took us a
few days to figure  out what she would eat. She didnt want a thing to do with
our Oxbow pellets. The humane society was giving her hay only. She was there 5
days before we knew about her.  I bought different guinea foods just to get her
to eat anything.  Yes I was critical caring her before we found what she would
eat.  Well turns out she likes this cheap food that you can buy at Teskes a
local seed and feed place.  I have been mixing in our Oxbow in with it to change
her over. She now drinks out of a water bottle as well.  She is a nervous little
girl, but has come  along well.  She is a brown piggie with one white stripe
around her middle. She has a crest as well. So say a little pray this little
girl does well.
A big welcome to Ava!
Jean (misfits)