[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Abbie and URI meds

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Jan 10 18:53:28 EST 2011

Abbie,

Sudafed and Children's Nurofen ( Ibuprofen ) are liquids. You just need to shake the bottles and draw up 0.4ml of the liquid into a 1ml syringe.

I am sure that Ann will advise on the use of Baytril as I do not use this but it would not surprise me if your vet has prescribed an insufficient dose.

Make sure that you always have a few of these little syringes in your piggy first aid box. You never know when you might need one. Syringe feeding a sick piggy can be a lifesaver. Something else that you might need to learn as time goes by.

Go along to the exotic vet soon and ask lots of questions especially how many guinea pigs he treats. It is better to know of a good vet before you need him as piggies can get sick very quickly and then time is of the essence.

Get well soon little Kip.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.