[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Update on Kip

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Jan 22 13:00:48 EST 2011

Thank you for updating us on Kip's progress Abbie.

It sounds like you have found yourself a good piggy vet. I said before that
most vets under prescribe for our little ones. I wonder if they work out the
dosage for a cat and scale it down from there not knowing that piggies need
a higher dose for the meds to work.

I do hope that the increased dose of Baytril does the trick. Don't forget to
follow it up with a probiotic to put the good bugs back.

Good piggy boarding is an added bonus, especially if the vet is on hand if
needed when you are away. One less thing to worry about. Our Rodentologists
board piggies too but I have too many to make it feasible. I have a
wonderful pigsitter ( my son ) but if he were unable to come and stay, the
whole herd could be transported over to the Rodentologists' house, where the
care would be second to none.

Get well soon Kip.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.