[Gpdd] Fw: [Health] Twinkies start to recovery

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon Jul 4 10:11:12 EDT 2011

this is forwarded from an exhausted piggy mom after Twinkies emergency spay
and bowel resection.
"Hi. She made it through the night. She must have been thirsty because she
moved to the opposite side of her pen from where I left her. I'm not sure if
she managed to get something to drink herself yet or not, but she was
sitting underneath her water bottles. She feels warmer than she did
yesterday and looks a lot more alert. She's a tough girl. I sure hope she
makes it.  Whatever happens, I am very grateful to you, Ann and Penny for
your support and to my vet and her staff for sticking around the office
yesterday until 6 pm on a Sunday before a holiday.  ..........snip a bit
.................I'm not sure how much time I will have today to email
everyone. Thanks!  ME"

We are helping to formulate the best possible nursing plan now

So our thoughts and prayers are in order  to those who can help that way and
those of you who have nursed piggies through this level of surgery, spay AND
bowel resection please add your comments on best practices, and your
experiences with mistakes and failures.  Lets make this recovery possible;
Twinkie, a talented and  dedicated vet, loving piggy mom, the GPDD and God
willing,  And thanks to info gleaned from excellent files at Guinea Lynx and
Ann's site even some rabbit files from Dana Krempels PhD, site at the Lair
of the H.A.R.E.   I wish everyone, could have a great vet handy, Sandy