[Gpdd] health: Woopy

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Jul 7 19:39:56 EDT 2011

Hi Mieke,

You have certainly had some worries over Woopy.

Should you be worried? Of course you should. That is what makes a good
Slave. One of my piggies has only got to sneeze and I start panicking! It is
part of being a Slave to worry, even when you know what is wrong and can fix
it.

How is she today? Did you really hear a click in her breathing? If you don't
have a stethoscope, get her checked out just in case. Better safe than
sorry. A URI can quickly turn into something nasty if not treated.

A few weeks ago, my Dorian was making occasional peculiar breathing noises.
I couldn't hear anything wrong with his lungs but I took him to my
Rodentologists just to be sure. They could not find anything wrong with him
either but offered this suggestion. He has fatty eye, in which part of the
conjunctival sac protrudes and they said the "fatty" part extends inside
beyond what can be seen around the eye and can press against the nasal
cavity producing a noise. Now, I have looked at Woopy's pigtures on the blog
and I cannot tell if she has this or not but it might be of interest to
anyone whose piggy has fatty eye.

My Lady Lavender also makes odd noises. She has also checked out OK and she
only makes the noise when eating and sometimes when she is asleep. I have
had piggies who snored, usually elderly boars - just like old men really.
Keep an eye ( and ear ) on Woopy and do let us know how she is.

As to your mystery diagnosis, I am going to ask my Rodentologists if they
have come across anything like this in their vast experience. Woopy seems to
have been tested for everything going and it would be interesting to know
exactly what is going on.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.