[Gpdd] Misc: Question marks

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 13:34:54 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I do get the question marks in my gpdd digests sometimes.
If I remember correctly it's sometimes in Jean (of misfits) and Sandy's
posts
One of her (Sandy's) last posts had the questions marks, just a few.
I have had posts that had question marks instead of spaces...

I do now that when I recieve a private emai from jean, she uses some kind of
rich text format,
usually her mails are in a big typewriter (courier) kind of format...
Could that be causing the question marks?

I am intrigued by the question mark posts,
as i'm a software tester I like to get to the bottom of this (i mean it's my
job to find 'problems' with software),
but I have no idea what causes this.
I don't think all the posts I get from the ladies mentioned above have
question marks... which makes it hard to find out what causes this.
Also not all the posts in a digest have the question marks, only individual
ones...
My boyfriend, who's a developer, suggests some people might be using some
(strange?) regional setting for their mail...

I use gmail as my email program, and my computer runs with Ubuntu as
operating system,
my keyboard is a US keyboard...

Hope this helps a bit in determining what causes this...

Grtz,
Mikey form the Guinygirlz and my Valentine
--
"Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room"
Mary Schmich, 1997