[Gpdd] Misc: SPARKLES: The True Story of a special little dark brown piggie - part one

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 21:48:45 EDT 2011

A little over four years ago, there was a litter of little dark brown piggies at the pet store.  One was bought and was checked out by the vet.  The vet said she had a heart problem.  The buyer brought her back to the pet store to return the 'defective' piggie.  She was placed in a cage by herself with a sign that said, 'I have a heart problem.  Please ask about me.'  When the store was closed she spent her time in the cage in a store clerk's bathroom.  Then a man and woman walk into the pet store and of course, the woman, being who she is, saw the sign and asks about her.  She hears her story and the clerk takes the little dark brown piggie out of her cage and asks the woman, would you like to hold her? as the clerk holds the longish haired little dark brown piggie on her back.  Realizing that meant she'd take her home with her then and there, she declines.  But she is intrigued by the way the little piggie's back feet nearly touch her head.
 Already, she's thinking, how darn cute is that???!!  She decides to email a couple of friends who've had piggies with heart problems about how to care for one first.  So she asks and is informed that she might live only one year.  So the man and woman think about it, the woman has that determined look on her face and says, we'll make it the best year ever!  So they return to the pet store and there she still is, this time the woman holds her and feels the softness of her hair and immediately loves her.  When asked what the price is, they're told, we can't sell her, she's defective!  With the smile frozen on her face, they leave as quickly as possible with their newfound treasure.

Because of her heart problem the woman wants to name her precious or treasure but asks the man for his opinion, he looks at her and says, Sparkles.  She doesn't see it.  And to date, she's the only piggie the man has named, the woman normally names their piggies.  So Sparkles it is.  Months later, when asked why, the man says, she's dark brown with brindle and yet she has these golden strands here and there, she SPARKLES.  The woman loves it.