[Gpdd] Ivermectin - liquid & paste

clio gsbees at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 1 03:27:41 EST 2011

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been a part of this GPDD since
1991 and have followed the GPDDs for years.

Ivermectin is safe to use, both the liquid and the paste versions on guinea
pigs.  While it is a large animal medication, the dosages can be adapted to
guinea pigs.

I have personally used both types of Ivermectin on my guinea pigs through
the years. I have gotten the Ivermectin from my vet, and from my feed store
in Sonoma County, CA.  It is expensive in relation to the amount a guinea
pig uses.

check out    www.guinealynx.info/    which will give you excellent
references to all guinea pig related topics  : )  If you follow their link
about Ivermectin, there is a page on the dosages and how to calculate the
suggested dosages according to the weight of your gp.

"Phoebe's Mom" and Collette, Sedona, Sapphira, Traveler and Gigi