[Gpdd] HEALTH: Snoopy has breathing problems

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 06:36:41 EST 2011

Hello.  On Sunday, I was 'concerned' about Snoopy, our five and a half year old long haired male, it was difficult to put my finger on it but he didn't seem 'right.'  However, he pretty much acted normally so we just kept an eye on him as we weren't sure if it was the VOG which has been bad the last couple of days.

Monday night, I noticed that he began to 'lurch' a little, so I quickly held him to my ear to listen to his lungs and I could hear a slight 'click.'  We quickly opened up our Peter Gurney books and immediately put Vicks on his nostrils and he seemed somewhat better, moving around more and eating more.  We had some nettle powder so we mixed that with water and syringed him some.  He's pooing and peeing but his poos are smaller than usual.  Michael thought his nose seemed a little congested so we decided since we had some extra to give him a dose of sulfatrim.  It's been about five or six hours since he started to 'lurch' and about two hours since giving the sulfatrim.

Does anyone know what else we can do at this late hour of the night?  I always worry, but Michael says he's more concerned than worried.  Peter Gurney's books state that it usually seems worse than it is, so we're wondering whether to just keep an eye on him or does he need vet assistance.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

Corrine and Michael