[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE Abbigail Misfit

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 15:19:14 EDT 2011

Dear Jean and Andy,

After our holiday I have been catching up on the missed GPDDs and I am so
sorry to read that your dear Abbigail has left for the Rainbow Bridge. I
remember when she lost the use of her back legs and hoped that, with the
calcium and Vit D treatment that had worked so well for my Poppy, that she
would be able to walk again but it was not to be. Even so, you gave her an
extra two months of love and happiness as part of the Misfit clan and, in a
piggy's lifespan, that is a lot of love.

I have just read that Amanda has had to go to the vets and I hope that you
had a good outcome there. Paws crossed.

I am so glad that dear Lazarus is doing so well.

Anyone with a large herd of piggies will sympathise with the loss of Abby.
It always seems that my herd can go for months without anypig being ill and
then several get sick within a short time. That's just the way it goes but
it doesn't make it any easier to bear.

When piggies "run" at the end of their lives, I, too, think of this as
running to meet their old friends at the Rainbow Bridge. I know perfectly
well that it is just the body shutting down but it helps to think of it in
this way and gives a little comfort in a very sad situation.

Please accept my belated condolences on your sad loss. R.I.P. Abby.

Hugs for all the Misfits.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.