[Gpdd] Health: SOOTY

Juwles juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com
Tue Sep 13 20:53:05 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Another drama.    Sooty has a very sore eye, it's weeping, and it even looks
like it is indented in the socket, whereas his other eye seems to be fully
filling the socket.   Today the weeping is worse.

I looked up Peter Gurney's piggy potions, he is saying to flush out with
water, then to use Optrex eye drops.   I guess in all the excitement,
perhaps Sooty has scratched his eye against the Timothy Hay, maybe?.
Peter Gurney does say if it's something in the eye or a scratch, the eye
might become cloudy, which is nature's way of using less eye muscle allowing
it to heal.  Then he goes on to say it could be something more serious, but
doesn't say what.

Has anyone had this type of incident happen, and what did you do with your
beloved master?

I was going to write about Joey... his is an even bigger story (I could
write a book about his problems and what we have been through with him), but
now I'm back to Sooty again.

Any help would be so appreciated,

Julie + her 6 beloved boys