[Gpdd] health; Guido Worms

M Fug mfug at live.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 06:42:59 EDT 2011

Since Janna's post I have been pondering over Guido and his worms, from my understanding worms are internal parasites so to see them crawling on his butt would be really unusual.

I am wondering if they were possibly maggots, I know rabbits can be killed by fly strike and was wondering if the same could happen to piggies.

This year has been a bad year for flies in my house, as I cant use spray in the room with the pigs we resorted to whacking any fly that sat still long enough with a newspaper, very messy and not the nicest of jobs.

When I get the boys out for a cuddle I have a quick look just to make sure their butts are clean and their cage is totally cleaned everyday, new bedding, new hay and new food.

So does anyone know if fly strike can effect piggies and how we can prevent it happening if it does.