[Gpdd] [CARE] Seeking a new friend for Batman

Janna Willard janna.willard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:47:35 EDT 2011

Batman is a very sociable guinea pig, but he is very aggressive - not in a
violent way, just very "in your face." Before Guido became ill, i was
reconsidering having them live in the same cage because of how Batman would
chase Guido around, trying to smell his butt and doing the dominance burr
and waggle. Guido was much smaller than Batman, and I was concerned that
Guido would become very unhappy if he was forced to share space with such an
aggressive boy.

I called the Saskatoon SPCA last week to see if they had any male guinea
pigs for adoption, since the web site wasn't up-to-date, and they only have
an 8mo female and a 2mo male. I think that a 2mo boy is going to be far too
small for Batman to be a safe companion, so that is out.

I looked on Kijiji, but most of the guinea pigs there are females, which of
course is not what I want at all! So I posted an ad to say that I'm looking
for a new friend for Batman, and that it needs to be a male who is at least
six months old and a good size. I had a reply, but that didn't pan out.
Yesterday I found a new ad for a boy someone wants to give away, and I wrote
them, but have had no response. So the quest is continuing. I am sure that I
will find the perfect match eventually - just not yet.

If anyone has any other ideas for places I can look besides the pet store, I
would be grateful!

-Janna

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
normal." Albert Camus
"I want to remake the world; anything less is not worth the trouble." Karen
Cushman