[Gpdd] MISC: To wheek or not to wheek, that's my question.

Carol Riley bearkat1 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 20:13:13 EDT 2012

Hi slaves and piggies,

I have a question about pig wheeking, or actually the lack of a wheek. I recently brought Tundra with me to his forever place. He was maybe 2-3 months and was by himself in a glass cage (he was in a pet store). He has been home with me about 3 weeks now and he has not yet wheeked. He will talk to his food and he is getting better at realizing the little refrigerator next to him has the goodies in it and will start talking.

I have found some guinea pig noises online - a happy pig and a hungry pig - and peiordically play them. Tundra will start looking around the cage and then at me like  "Hey mom, where are you hiding the other pig?" but does not reply with a wheek. Do all guinea pigs wheek?

Thanks.

Carol and talkative but "nope I'm not wheeking" Tundra.