[Gpdd] HEALTH: Puff's refusing carrots

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:25:05 EST 2012

Hi Joanie,

Sandy beat me to it.

Puff's refusal to eat her carrots could certainly point to a dental
problem. My elderly Halloween loves his carrots but when his teeth need a
trim, they are the first thing that he leaves out and this is my signal to
take him to the Rodentologists for a quick repair. He can eat them grated
for a few days until I get him seen. It only takes a few moments for his
mouth to be held open with the buccal separators and the offending bits
trimmed off. Then he is enjoying some veggies on the table straight away.

During the winter here in England the carrots in the supermarket are not as
nice as my home grown ones, which have been eaten long ago. They keep them
in the cold store and they lose their flavour so I find that even the
keenest carrot eaters sometimes leave bits.

All the best to Puff.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.