[Gpdd] Behavior

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 14:39:02 EST 2012

Welcome to new members Tina and Hemi.

I would guess that Hemi is telling you that he has had enough loving and
wants to go back to his home. I have never had a biting piggy in countless
years of slavedom, the only occasional nips coming from those who do not
consider having their nails clipped to be fun. Mine usually let me know
that they need to urinate by wiggling their rear ends and becoming fidgety
on my lap. I always hold them on a thick towel as some are not as quick to
let me know as I would like.

Do locate a good guinea pig vet before you need one. Time is of the essence
when treating piggy illnesses and you need to be able to find a vet that
you can trust with your precious little boy. Vets that are good with dogs
and cats often know very little about guineas as many members know to their
cost. Even better, see if there is a Rodentologist in your area. I am
guessing that you are in the US, where there are not many of these. A piggy
first aid kit is good to have around. Many human remedies can be used to
treat piggies and are a good standby for the illness that occurs when the
vet's office is closed

Any other questions that you may have, do ask. Someone will know. Keep a
note of our Ann's Piggyville website. It is still under construction but is
a mine of information. www.piggyville.com

Penny and the Piggyfriends ( a little piggy sanctuary in England ).

Disclaimer - No medical training but decades of piggy care.