[Gpdd] MISC- new foster piggie

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 06:57:59 EST 2012

Jaime,

That little girl must be so pleased to be safe with you after all of her
ordeals.

All new arrivals here get put straight onto the worming protocol and have a
jolly good bath in my anti everything shampoo. I have just replied to
Marsha with the link to Ann's Piggyville webste, where there are details of
the best shampoo to use in the US as you cannot buy my Vet Sect Repel there
( such a shame ). Here it is again.

http://www.piggyville.com/index.php?id=9

Lather her up well working it into what remains of her earflaps and you may
well find that the crusty stuff around her ears will come away. I would
follow that up with a couple more baths a week apart.

The good food that you will be providing should increase her weight but it
can take a while for a badly treated piggy to gain weight. My Domino was
very skinny when he was taken to our Rodentologists. They supplemented his
veggies with some syringe feeding for a little while and you could do the
same for your little one. He was getting fatter when he came here and now
he is a plump little porker.

What sort of computer do you have? Both of my sons work with computers and
have reams of qualifications to their names. One writes software and the
other writes websites and deals with hardware. The latter's office desk at
the rescue centre is often littered with their computers in pieces waiting
to be reassembled so if you want some help, I am sure he could oblige.
Email me. Make it quick because he is off on holiday very soon ( unless you
live in Connecticut in which he might be able to make a house call! ). He
can always help me if I am stuck.

Welcome to your new little one. Looking forward to a pigture soon.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.

r abdomen. Someone found her the next morning & she had to have surgery
right away to put sutures in & was on several medications. That wound has
healed up nicely. Her hair is starting to grow back now. She had a wound on
her back too, but that scabbed up & the scab fell off the other day. That
looks well now too. Something also ripped most off her ear flaps off. All
that is left is some stubs. They are all crusty with some white flakes
coming off so I'm sure she has a skin infection now. Also she is very
underweight. Any suggestions? The foster co-ordinator is supposed to talk
to the H.L. vet but I don't have much confidence in him. She is a sweet
girl & has her own blankie that she snuggles with & sleeps under. They gave
it to her after surgery & it seems to provide her with some