[Gpdd] VIRTUAL Piggyfriends are AWOL

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:18:56 EST 2012

I went out to feed the garden birds this morning when a pigeon landed on
the bird table, with a little cylinder attached to his leg. He was wearing
a little cap with a "PigAir" badge on it. He carefully opened his cylinder
with his beak and passed me a tightly rolled scroll. I gave him a handful
of grain whilst I unrolled and read the message.

"We may be on board the Black Pearl - coordinates are as follows....( that
bit was obliterated by what may have been seawater ). We may be en route
for Australia. We have met up with Algernon Rat so you know that we are in
good paws. Have you paid our taxi bill? Pandora."

I gave the carrier pigeon some more grain and wrote a reply. " Please make
sure that baby Bosworth and little Rafferty wear their lifejackets. Taxi
has been paid. Take care. Your worried Slave". I rolled up the paper and
the pigeon put it into his carrier. I ask him to return it to the sender
and he saluted with one wing, finished his grain and took off across the
garden. I watched him until he was just a speck in the sky.

So I hope that the piggies, mice and Merlin are safe and trust in the
seamanship of Shipwreck Sam and his crew to get them to Oz in time for
Australia Day. Heaven knows what they have been up to but they always come
safely home.

Penny.