[Gpdd] HEALTH: pointed poos and shillintong

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 18:40:36 EDT 2012

I am terribly sorry that your friend has no piggy vet for her little boar.
Piggies taken to our Rodentologists have been successfully operated for
stones and it is awful that no vet in her area can perform this op.

I have no personal experience of stone piggies but there is some useful
info on Ann's Piggyville pages.

http://piggyville.com/index.php?id=4#Stone_Pigs_3

There are GPDD members who have had to deal with this insidious problem and
I do hope that someone can help with the shilintong dosage.

Cranberry juice can be of great help with UTIs but I don't know of its use
with stones.

Someone asked me recently about pointed poos and our Rodentologists
suggested that maybe, if the poos were softer than usual, when the orifice
closes on said poo, the end is squeezed making a point.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.