[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: A biting piggy

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Wed Mar 28 15:10:10 EDT 2012

Thanks for all the good input and advice.   I have done some reading and made a point to see if I could tell what was initiating the biting behavior.  For the most part, they seem to get along fine while in the safety of their cage. I have heard a wheek or two but by the time I got in the room to see who was the culprit, they were lying nose to nose in the sack, acting like total little angels.  "What?  Biting?  No biting here!")So, I knew it was happening during lap time while trying to hold them together on my chest.  So, I tried taking them out one at a time and giving each once some individual lap time.  I figure being out here in the open, they are still young enough and new enough to our environment to be skittish and they are feeding off of each other's fear.  Thus, when one would jump at any little sound or movement, the other would pounce.  Although they called out to each other while I was giving them individual time, there was no biting at all and a lot less jumpiness and fear behavior. So, I think I will try it like this for a few weeks anyway and see if that alleviates the problem.  Thanks again for all the help.
Lynn, Callie & Eve with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our hearts and memory