[Gpdd] misc: Austin (guinea pig protector)

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 17:54:13 EDT 2012

Dear Jean and Andy,

I am so sorry that you have lost your lovely dog, Austin. I know exactly
how you must be feeling as I lost my dear Sophie boxer to cancer at the
same age. She was a guinea pig guard par excellence, treating them all as
the puppies she never had. She would lick them dry after a shampoo, watch
over them intently when they were out on the lawn, stay up all night with
me when we had a sick piggy and, like your Austin, often slept in their
room. The Piggyfriends would run up to the front of their pens to wheek at
her and she could be trusted 100% with them.

I miss her dreadfully and have never had another dog since as she is
irreplaceable. She was my work mate as well as piggy carer.

Sending you lots of virtual hugs and my utmost sympathy.

May the multitude of little Misfits be of comfort to you both at this sad
time.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.