[Gpdd] HEALTH: June has stones

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 1 13:03:23 EDT 2012

June, our 2 year old girl started crying when she peed.  She also hunched
over like she was straining.  We took her to the vet to find at least 3
stones in her bladder and two lodged in her urethra.   She was operated
on and is dong fine.  The vet said it was the toughest one he has ever
done because the stones in her urethra were large and wedged in tight.

We have had twelve GPs through the years and June is the third one with
stones.  My vet doesn't know why some GPs get them and some not.  Some
genetic factor he guesses.  The stones are being analyzed

Any info on stone prevention will be appreciated.
Dee, Joe and Zoe and her daughter June.