[Gpdd] MISC Piggyfriends are back online

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 07:57:27 EDT 2012

Hello friends,

The Piggyfriends are back online ( and the mousefriends and birdfriends too
).

How I miss my little ones when I am away. There were no piggies to be seen
anywhere but we visited a small zoo, where there were some lovely maras. I
am always dubious about overseas zoos but this one had spacious and clean
homes for all the animals and large aviaries for the birds with plenty of
fresh food for all plus shady trees and branches for protection from the
sun ( which was a bit much for me.) There was a family of porcupines, who
had a nice cave to hide in but they came out to see us and they had a
little baby, whom, if you ignored his spines, looked very piggy like. His
dear little face resembled that of my agouti boars. Such a sweetie.

When I go away on holiday, I usually take 2 or 3 days to catch up on all
the Digests that I have missed. This time there are hardly any messages and
two of those are either testing or wondering why the Digest has not arrived.

I normally have a lot of messages to send upon my return but this time I
have only to say that I am delighted that both Joanie's cat and Dee's June
are doing well.

I'll just add my bit to the posts about Shepherd's Purse for runny piggy
poo. I gather this plant whenever I can when I am foraging. I use it fresh
for any piggy in need ( although they love to eat it anyway ) and dry some
for winter use as it does not grow here in England during the cold months.
A very useful plant indeed.

The Piggyfriends were very well looked after in my absence and have been
spoilt rotten. My pigsitter ( son-of-Slave ) says that when he is giving
out veggies, he starts at the first pen full of starving piggies, giving
out slices but by the time he has reached the last pen, coming full circle,
the first residents are up at the wire shouting "FOOD!!" so he goes round
again and when he gets back to where he started, there they are again,
shouting "FOOD!!"............ad infinitum. He should know by now that
piggies are never full and will take advantage whenever possible. Either
that or he needs to move faster. He went out in the pouring rain to cut
them fresh grass every day so I hope that they are grateful. I know that I
am. Now it is my turn to go out and get wet for the benefit of piggykind.

I checked the GPDD archive but nothing seems to be amiss so I hope that we
are not having problems again and that this message will go through.

Hoping everyone and everypig is well.

Penny.