[Gpdd] CARE: Ari's new baby piggies

Dragonfly chaos.dragonfly at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 00:08:30 EDT 2012

Thank you to replies. My babies seem happier now tiny bit calmer more
but still not really comfortable I think. Do this all below seem okay?

They "talk" much higher pitched. More frequently than my other two. I
recorded babies first "talkings" 6 days ago, both making much noises
since. Can not walk by quietly, they see me and make noises always.

Both babies take carrot bits from fingers. Neither likes pettings and
runs away if I try to touch still. But now run back to fingers in case
of carrot bits. Will keep trying. They like carrots! Runs away at all
movement by cage though. Jumping into hiding boxes when walking by.

So far just a lettuces, tiny bits of carrot hand-fed, no other greens
yet. Good pellets and unlimited timothy hay too of course. Next week to
try new greens, no pooping problems so far. 6appy-hay-eaters both.
Getting tomorrow "treat" hay, oxbow special blends, to make toys.

Should to give vitamin C to babies? Pellets (zupreem type) have in it
but other two piggies also get some additional also. Also the deworming
to give baby piggies when first? Now? Or. Wait?

Picture of babies here:
http://ari-blue.blogspot.com/2012/10/new-guinea-pigs.html So hard to get
are not sit still long. No names yet sorry. Took many months to Miss
Piggy and Miss Bubbles names. Cage here: http://tinyurl.com/97mpvzt or
http://tinyurl.com/9yd3o6l . Not sure which link will work. Can not find
plastic board like other piggies have, just foam board for now. Bit
smaller than other piggy cage, just 2ftx3.5ft, ran out of space for 4th
square. Unless to put in my bedroom, but living room is more active.

Not intend babies joining the older two. Miss Piggy is aggressive at
dinner-time. Has be separated from Miss Bubbles for calm eating. Miss
Piggy and Miss Bubbles not happy lifes before me, is may be why. Do not
want babies hurt.

Guinea pigs really nothing like other pets I have. Some times, so very
overwhelming. But do try get it all right enough. Thank you!

Ari