[Gpdd] CARE: Corn husks and silks

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Sun Sep 30 17:56:00 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I know that corn should be limited in our babies' diets but what about the corn husks and the silks?  Are those also loaded with sugar and should they be viewed as treats and given sparingly?  My girls adore them and oddly enough, I never thought to give them to Sammy and Tabby.  A fellow pig lover from GL told me about them and since I live less than a mile from our Farmer's Market, I can get tons of them at no cost.

When I hand one down into their cage, I barely get it into piggy range before I feel one or the other snatching it and taking off running with it.  They will either run into the castle or the pigloo to eat it privately,  I guess so they can have it all to themselves.  LOL  Such delicate ladies!

I also did find out that rose petals are okay and can actually be good for them.  I have a rose bush in my yard that I planted in memory of my much loved and missed father and it makes me feel good to be able to share something of him with them.

Hugs and whisker kisses,

Lynn, Callie and Eve with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our hearts and memories with their grandpa Bob