[Gpdd] Gpdd: (Care) (Sami)

Ellen Garrison guineamom88 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 03:40:19 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,
I want to thank Lynn Williams for sending pigtures of stones in piggies to me via Ann Evans...somehow I lost the email but I do have a copy of Vedra Stanley Spatcher's guinea pig book. Which includes a photo of bladder stones in pigs.
My Sami-girl has been through much lately. She had an abscess on her side that developed overnight practically--I took her to a competent vet close by, who drained it and was very reasonable with the vet fees.
She is on pediatric sulfatrim and an NSAID, she is not dehydrated, drinks (and eats) plenty --I noticed a lump which was strange --now that the abscess is healing, after about 2 ounces of pus drained out over a course of 5 or so days, including with the vets initial treatment, I am thinking perhaps the abscess was due to a UTI which never completely went away. Then I had to put her in a pen alone although nearby Merary, because Merary kept terrorizing her.  They will go back together once the scab heals completely.
Again thank you Lynn, I am in a crazy household and can relate to Jean at misfits. have fun everybody...
Cheers,
Ellen, 10 precious piggies, and a chinchilla