[Gpdd] MISC: Update on Eve's care

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Thu Aug 8 21:20:53 EDT 2013

Hi all,

First, let me thank those of you who responded to my recent questions.  You
have been very helpful as always.  Ann wrote to e and sent me a link
directly to the product that I needed.  So, as soon as it arrives, I will
start both of the girls on a worming regiment.  Ann and I spoke on the phone
yesterday and she was amazed when she found out I have nevr wormed my pigs.
I never realized this should be a routine for all piggies.  I thought it was
only if your pigs had mites of if they lived in herds and went outside.  I
feel so stupid.  But, at least now I know and will start them on it as soon
as it arrives.

In the meantime, I am still attempting to get Eve to eat the Critter Be
Better.  I tried mixing it into a paste and then spreading it on apple bits.
She did eat the apple but I found some of the CBB still on the plate.  I
have a sneaky suspicion the little monster took pieces of the apple between
her toes, took it over to the water bottle spout and washed them off vbefore
eating them.  LOL  She is smart enough and finicky enough to do it!  Callie
is still my grumpy girl and rumbles when I pick her up. But, she does like
to be stroked and loved on. Neithe one of them will let me rub their
tummies.  I have tried running my finger down their side to try and ease it
undr them to rub  their tummies and both of them nip me when I tried to do
it.  I guess I will have to hold them with their tummy facing out an their
backs against my tummy in order to accomplish a tummy rub.  They don't like
that position but it's the only thing I can think of  to do.  Such little
princesses!  I'll let y'all know how Eve does after a bit of the CBB and her
first worming treatment.  Ann has updated her worming page and there is now
a link there to order the right stuff, so thank you Ann!  Love to you all
and I hope everyone is doing well.

ugs, love and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Callie and Eve with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our hearts
and memories