[Gpdd] MISCELLANEOUS - Bushfires in Australia

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon Feb 4 03:41:18 EST 2013

Oh Julie, I am so sorry of all the weather events you all have suffered in
OZ, it seems like your beloved country is getting the brunt of this global
warming thing. Such a beautiful and diverse place your Queensland and
recently so hard to live in. I thought maybe after the last one you would
have some respite. I didn't know about the Tasmania fires, another
incomparable land.

Global warming is proved now to be affected by people beyond all doubt. Of
course, we knew all along. We as a group of people from many parts of
several countries compare notes and the news doesn't seem to be good
anywhere. In America, all levels of government seem to be ignoring it as
hard as they can and any fix is judged by how much money can be made from
it. We all have to work hard to influence our national, state, and local
governments. Here our national governments seem to be doing little about
anything except political infighting and least of all global warming. It's
up to the people to set the priorities.  Even our news hasn't had a word
about fires and cyclones in Australia or droughts and famine in other parts
of the world. When I want world news I watch the BBC. Or other foreign news.

You are so brave to take such good care of all your animals when everything
is so critical.   Keeping them cool seems the best solution and hopefully
the water won't come up the steps. My heart is with you and all your little
critters.   I keep you in my heart always.
Love Sandy, Sammy, and AR