[Gpdd] HEALTH Re: Puff's eye condition

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 07:37:02 EDT 2013

I've experienced the same problem as ME with piggy eyes.

The worst time was when I had my herd out on the lawn and a jet
unexpectantly screamed overhead. A crowd of sows ran for cover , many of
them making for the same shelter and in the ensuing melee,  Bracken
received an eye injury, either from a claw or from the hay in the shelter.

Her eye looked horrific but after a couple of weeks on an antibiotic cream,
the protective shell, which had formed over the injury, fell off revealing
a perfect eye underneath. Her sight was not affected.

Good luck with Puff.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.