[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Snowdrop

dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 21 15:09:00 EDT 2013

Dear Julie,
I am so sad reading your post.  Your heart is so broken and I understand your pain.
I read an article the other day that said it takes approximately 6 months for a pet parent
to get over their loss...at least to the point of acceptance and less pain because I

don't think we ever get OVER losing our little ones.  We all love our babies, but some

of them are just a bit morespecial, even if we don't like to admit it.  As you know, I
lost my MERRI in March and while it's difficult to admit, I don't have the same happy
feeling when I take care of my pigs now.  MERRI isn't there.  I find that I don't have the
same joy with cleaning the cages, getting their special treats and veggies together,
etc.  While I love the pigs I have now, they are different.  They aren't as lovable and
cuddly, and my attachment to them is not as deep as with MERRI.  So, I kind-of
know what you are going through, although I do not have the memories of her being
sick because she just left me very quietly and quickly and there was nothing I could
do for her.  Until today, I have a lot of pain from losing my beloved ANNIE and now,
so many, many years later, I still cannot really talk about her too much.  She was the
best piggy I could have ever asked for.  How lucky I was!

Just feel grateful to have known that special loving bond with your SNOWDROP!
He was a lucky boy and he would not want you suffering now.  He would want you to
think of him and SMILE.  We know they don't live very long.  We know it hurts like
heck when we lose them.  We also know that they are SO worth having and loving

and giving a wonderful life to!

I have gone through some difficult times with other furkids like rabbits,
other piggies, dogs, and cats.  It comes with being their loving guardians.  Please
don't second guess yourself.  You had your vet's advice and it would have been much
worse for SNOWDROP to suffer.  You wouldn't have wanted that!

While SNOWDROP's loss is very difficult for you, think of him resting in youth and

health and being happy in your heart.  One day you will meet again, but until then,
enjoy your other piggies and your life.  SNOWDROP wants the best for YOU.   IF
you were deceased, would you want your loved ones to be miserable and cry the rest
of their lives?  No...of course not.  So, although it's terrible, know that YOU DID THE
BEST for SNOWDROP and you gave him a great life...a life that many piggies only wish
they could have.
I lost my heart-dog in 2004.  He was MY BEST friend for 12 years and after making that
difficult decision to let him go (I had to, of course) I curled up on the couch for 2 days
unable to lift my head.  I cried non stop....for what seemed like forever!  Until today, I

oftentimes simply cannot talk
about him or the crying will start all over again.  I miss him every single minute of my
life and not a day goes by that I don't ache for him.  When I need comforting, I pretend
that he is leaning his head on my chest.  Even though I no longer have him, I feel

blessed that I was his mom and gave him a loving, forever home.  I feel blessed that HE
was MINE.We are bondedforever.

After 9 years, the pain is still there, but it's different and it will be different
for you, too.  You'll see.  Just take one day at a time.

Remember:  SNOWDROP and YOU were put on this Earth for a reason and you just
happened to find one another.  How beautiful is that?
Please take care, okay?
Hugs,
Joanne with Baci, Sweetie, Sassy, Ellie
Forever missing Annie, Abbie, Monkee, Spicy, Macy, Teddy, Merri

Opt to adopt!
Spay  Neuter  Rescue  Adopt!