[Gpdd] HEALTH Re;Clarification of Imodium dose

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 04:57:24 EST 2013

Joanie,

When we could buy liquid Imodium in England, the active ingredient in the
product, loperamide hydrochloride, was in a solution. The one that Ann uses
has 1mg. of loperamide hydrochloride per 5ml so a dose of 10mls. would give
2mg of the drug.

The capsules that I buy now contain 2mg.of the drug, which I mix with water
to syringe. Each capsule contains 2mgs.of loperamide hydrochloride.

So, unless I have missed a post ( and this often happens ), we are agreed
on the daily dose of 2mg. of loperamide hydrochloride.

It all depends on what type of Imodium is available to you. I much
preferred the liquid form - so easy to give.

Hope everyone is in agreement.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.