[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Hairballs - diagnosis and treatment

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Wed May 8 01:18:23 EDT 2013

Caroline-
I'm sorry to hear Dewey is not well. I personally have never heard of a hairball in piggies but that doesn't mean it's not possible. Does he have long hair?
Gas can be very serious in piggies & if the vet saw some gas I would start him on simethicone right away. If you're from the states you can try Little Tummies Brand. It is a good brand available at most grocery stores or pharmacy. Gas can cause the symptoms you are describing. Plus if he was on antibiotics then he should be having probiotics now to restore balance in his digestive tract. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
I am not a vet just a longtime piggy owner & have fostered many piggies.
~Jaime, Mosey the hamster & Captain Phil the betta fish~
~Mimi always & forever in our hearts~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/