[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: recent horror re Snowdrop

juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 15 07:59:28 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm still struggling here to catch up with everything that has occurred in the GPDD lives, but I suffered a most horrific experience last which has left me in a very emotional state, unable to get over the experience as of yet..

I was hosing  the garden on Monday 7th October, and was standing near Snowdrop's grave.   I looked down, and it took a few seconds for my brain to compute what I was seeing.  Snowdrop's grave had been tampered with by some wild animal digging, and his casket was all exposed.  I stared and stared, then I remember I decorated his casket with beautiful ribbons, and wrapped my boy in a special scarf, and put him in a beautifully padded box/casket.

I  had to dig him up to ensure he was safe.   I then use another beautiful piece of material and bury him directly into the dirt, because Snowdrop had not decomposed, just his eyes missing and his back part beginning to decompose.   I touched my little boys foot and it came off in my hands!!   He weighed as much then, as he did when I first buried him on 5 June.

I have checked his grave every day since, but he's safe now, with very heavy rocks on top of the direct of his grave to ensure no more tampering.  We have dingoes, wild dog packs, and foxes in the area, so I can only think it was one of them trying to get at my baby.   The day later, when I checked, a rock marking the boundary of his grave had been knocked over, but no further horrors have met my eyes.   I've been having some terrible nightmares, not about Snowy, but lots of horror dreams.  It's been another couple of tough weeks emotionally, which means I still haven't checked my email messages!

Please accept my condolences to those members who have lost a glorious guinea pig pet,  my prayers are with you all.

Julie + Kimba, Hugo, Treacle and Sooty