[Gpdd] HEALTH: Ruffian

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 1 14:58:01 EDT 2013

A couple hours ago I thought I'd lost her. She was unresponsive and had that dead weight heaviness I've come to dread. I talked to her awhile, saying my good-byes, and a piece of shredded newspaper fell on her back. She squeaked

As I write this, she's still with us. I just finished washing her bottom and giving her some diluted Critical Care. She actually swallowed some! She was very cooperative, thank God. I'd hate to be wrestling with her to get her fed when her insides are so damaged. When I put her back in the cage, she appeared to nibble on some hay (or was it newspaper?).

Anyway, thanks for all your support. Keep those prayers and wishes coming!

Joanie