[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Dawn Soap

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Wed Sep 4 18:31:32 EDT 2013

Dawn soap is safe to use on piggys. I usually only use it on a very
dirty grease gland but I have used it to bathe very dirty piggys. I
prefer to use my regular piggy shampoo undiluted on the grease gland.
The best shampoo is Vet Sect Repel but I can not get it here in the USA.
Penny very kindly gave me a bottle when I visited her in England. I use
Adams shampoo for puppies and kittens that contains 0.15% pyrethrins or
the Adams D-Limonene Flea & Tick Shampoo. Mycodex shampoo can be bought
from your vet or online. It contains 0.15% pyrethrins.

I volunteer as a consulting rodentologist to Drs. Danielson and Saleh
D.V.M. of Ehrlich Animal Hospital and Dr. Bonsack D.V.M. of Westchase
Animal Hospital Tampa, Florida.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA