[Gpdd] HEALTH: Eddie's surgery

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 14 22:20:31 EST 2014

I want to thank everyone who has sent good thoughtsand advice about
Eddie and his surgery.  I will write everyone personally soon.

Eddie's surgery went well yesterday, although he seemed more affected by
the anesthesia than our other piggies have been. (Same vet who has done
our piggie surgeries in the past.) He was still a bit lethargic this
morning but became more active and alert this afternoon.  He is eating
hay really well and most of his foods, though not all. He's on Baytril
to prevent any infection, too, and pain medicine.

I am worried, though, that I have heard him today still "talking" a bit
when he urinates.  The vet took both a pre- and post-op X-ray, the first
to make sure the stones hadn't been passed, and the second to make sure
they had all been gotten, so I can't imagine a stone was missed.  Could
he be talking because his surgery was so recent?   They did flush out
his bladder and such, so his little bladder has been through a lot.

Thanks again for all your help.

Cindy, Ethan, and Eddie