[Gpdd] HEALTH Kimba

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 12:44:47 EDT 2014

Dear Julie,

Once again you are having so much trouble with your little ones and I am so
sorry that you cannot get the help that you need for them.

I do not understand your vet. If Kimba has bloat or gut stasis he should
have been given metaclopramide immediately to keep his gut moving. It is
vital that piggies' guts keep moving all the time.

Any piggy that is starving will produce tiny little poos and that mucus
that you describe.

A tooth root abscess is a nasty thing and I wish that you had a
rodentologist nearby who could help you with this. I have seen my own
rodentologists do sterling work on these abscesses all without needing to
anaesthetise the piggy with all the associated problems.

I can't tell you what to do. You know in your heart what is best for Kimba.
It is very hard to know when to give in. I have been guilty of struggling
on to the bitter end hoping for a miracle.

I would keep giving the gas meds ( I use Infacol ) and continue with the
tummy rubs. Keep trying to syringe feed him if he will take it but you need
a vet who can deal with that abscess asap. Do you have another vet whom you
could consult?

Wishing you all the very best and do take as good care of yourself as you
do your piggies.

Penny and the Piggyfriends ( Disclaimer - I have no veterinary training but
decades of piggy care ) And when I read or hear of the terrible things that
some vets inflict upon our piggies I am eternally grateful to have a great
piggy vet.