[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: condolences, Nutmeg

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Mon May 19 20:58:44 EDT 2014

Anneli, we are so very sorry to hear that Nutmeg passed away, and we send our condolences.  Please know, though, how great it is that she lived to be at least eight and also that she was acting perfectly normal just hours before she passed away.  It definitely sounds as though she just fell asleep and woke up at the Bridge.  It seems, too, that Clover was comforting her, which is so sweet and touching.  Thank you for sharing your memory of how she once ran off and was found in a hollow log (we remember that!).  How cool, too, that Nutmeg was running up the stairs to her cage just a week before she died.  She had a great life with you and was so lucky to be much loved.

In regard to Clover, she probably does know that the boys are around.  When our Buttercup died several years ago, our Joey mourned, even though they'd never been together, so we're guessing that Clover will consider the boys' presence as company.  If she does seem to need a girl piggie friend, then by all means do so if you can.

Sadly,
Cindy, Ethan, and Eddie