[Gpdd] MISC: Dr. K's Exotic ER

ME buddies at buddies.org
Sun Oct 26 10:14:19 EDT 2014

I've only watched the first episode completely and part of the second ... I've DVRed all of them.  When I talked to my vet two weeks ago, I found out that Dr. K interned with my vet, so I probably saw her pop in to observe or see her in passing, though I don't remember.  He's had many interns over the years (I've been going to him since 1993).

Anyway, I haven't had time to watch as I've been hand feeding Acacia every two hours from 4 a.m. until I go to sleep at night (usually 7-9 feedings for about 30 minutes) since she had tooth surgery on September 25.  She had a second surgery two weeks ago.  She just started nibbling a little last Saturday, and started eating some on Monday.  I think she's almost ready to eat enough to sustain herself, but I tried not feeding her yesterday, but her weight dropped so I fed her last night and this morning.  I'm going to feed her 3 or 4 times today and see how that goes, though I'll modify it if it seems like she needs more (or less, hopefully).  Maybe she really does like our time together.  She was fighting me all week this past week, so I thought she was tired of me feeding her.  She fought me last night, too, but this morning she looked pleased that I was stuffing food pellets in her mouth.  Silly piggie.