[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: condolences, Panda

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 13 15:07:35 EDT 2014

Rachel, Merrie, and Rufus, we are so very saddened to hear that Panda
passed away due to pneumonia.  It is good that you were able to get him
to the vet immediately, but we are sorry that he left the next night.
Pneumonia can be difficult to deal with in piggies, but we know Panda
knew how hard you were trying to get him well.  What a sweet description
of him as jaunt, happy-go-lucky, and mischievous. He was a lucky boy to
be so loved.  Please accept our condolences on his passing.

We also hope that Merrie and Rufus will recover from their pneumonia as
well.  Is it bacterial pneumonia?  We once had a piggie with pneumonia,
but she finally recovered after a course of Baytril and our use of a
homemade nebulizer.  You might already be doing this, but we covered the
top and side of her cage with towels (leaving one area open) and put a
warm-mist vaporizer near the open area.  The mist traveled into her cage
and helped her breathing.  We did have to check every so often to make
sure that the mist was not too strong, not getting her cage or hair wet,
etc.  Hope this might help.

We hope, too, that Merrie will gain back his weight and that you will be
able to find the right dosage of the diabetes medicine for Rufus.

Sending continued healing wheeks and best wishes.

Cindy, Ethan, and Eddie