[Gpdd] Health - merrie n the brotherhood

Rachel Koo koo.rachel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 01:34:16 EDT 2014

Hello Cindy

Thanks for your kind wishes for the brotherhood.

Merrie and Rufus are recovering from pneumonia (again). Keeping my fingers
crossed that we will break the infection cycle this time.

Panda crossed the rainbow bridge 2 Thursdays ago. He showed signs of being
sick on Wednesday and I rushed him down to the vet. It was pneumonia. I got
medicine to dose him and Merrie (as I was sure Merrie must have gotten it
too). Thursday morning he seemed a bit better although still breathing
heavily. But late Thursday night, he left us. He was struggling to breathe
and it was all over in less than 5  minutes. The house seems very quiet
without him. He was such a jaunty happy go lucky mischievous little boy.

Merrie is mourning Panda's loss and has lost a bit of weight. I continue to
struggle to get rufus' diabetes under control, with Ann' s kind help. The
test diet alone no longer works for him. He is on tolbutamide but we don't
seem to have reached the right dosage yet. He is on 120 mg twice daily and
still no improvement to his urine glucose levels. But I am still hoping.

Warm wishes to you,  Ethan and Eddie too.

Rachel