[Gpdd] HEALTH Galen's Garden

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 11:22:27 EDT 2015

Jean,

Some time ago the whole Galen's Garden website was completely revamped and
many of the original products are no longer there.

Here is a link to their Guinea Pig section.

http://www.guinea-pig-information.co.uk/guinea-pig-health/bumblefoot/

Please note that their mention of griseofulvin( bottom of page ) can cause
problems in that a guinea given this can go completely off their food. If
our Rodentologists have to administer this drug, the little patient is
always kept in to make sure that he/she is not affected. They use it for
systemic fungal problems.

I've not known them to use it for Bumblefoot as they reckon that there is
no cure.

Gorgeous Guineas.......http://www.gorgeousguineas.com/ointments.html

sell F & M ointment, which is said to help with Bumblefoot but it is a case
of trying it out as it is by no means a complete cure. I've tried it in the
past and although it helped it did not clear up the bumblefoot, although
the piggy had nice soft pads after treatment. Gorgeous Guineas themselves
state that it does not always work.

Anything is worth a try and they do sell lovely shampoos for piggies. The
one called Just for Boars always make me laugh.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.