[Gpdd] HEALTH Pain relief for piggies

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:49:49 EST 2015

I do so agree with you Pat. Pain relief is vital for piggies. If any of my
herd seem to have any kind of health problem, the first thing that they get
is a dose of pain relief. I always have a bottle of children's ibuprofen in
the piggy first aid kit ( it is  called Nurofen here in England ).

After the pain that I have endured this past week or so, I was grateful for
any kind of analgesia to get me through. A piggy in pain won't eat and a
piggy that won't eat is going to go downhill very quickly. So, everyone,
don't wait for the vet.It will not harm your piggy to give him or her a
dose of pain meds. 0.4ml children's liquid ibuprofen twice a day. You don't
need to weigh your piggy for this - it the same dose for all.

My vet knows that I will have been giving my piggies all kinds of meds
before he sees them and my Rodentologists would be amazed if I hadn't.

Your vet clinic has really good opening times, Pat. Lucky you! My
Rodentologists are always on call. I can leave a message and they will get
back to me asap. Such a relief when you have a herd of piggies.

Time for my own pain meds.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.